Email enrolment enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Mater Christi Catholic Primary School. This package of information will guide you through the application process for students wishing to attend Mater Christi Catholic Primary School.
Complete all sections in the “Application for Enrolment Form”. Arrange for your Parish Priest to complete the “Parish Priest Reference Form” and attach to the “Application for Enrolment Form”. Please return the application to the Enrolments Officer in the School Office.
Please attach the following documentation to your application form:
|BIRTH CERTIFICATE||BAPTISM CERTIFICATE|
|PARISH PRIEST REFERENCE||IMMUNISATION HISTORY STATEMENT (From Medicare)|
|SCHOOL REPORT||PASSPORT/VISA IF BORN OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA|
|NAPLAN (YR 3,5)||BISHOP’S RELIGIOUS LITERACY ASSESMENT (YR 3,5)|
If your application is successful, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview with the School Principal before a confirmed place at Mater Christi is offered.
Please note a non-refundable application fee of $50 must accompany this Application for Enrolment. If you are offered a place at Mater Christi a deposit of $100 must be paid this deposit secures your child’s enrolment and will be deducted from your first term fees.
The Interview (new enrolment)
At the enrolment interview the Principal will ask a series of questions about what attracted you to Mater Christi and how you might contribute to the School’s development via the Parents & Friends Association or membership of the Board. Your child or children are expected to attend the interview.
The Interview (Sibling)
At the sibling interview, the Assistant Principal will meet with you and your child to discuss what your aspirations are for your child. This is an opportunity for the school to get to know your child before they commence at Mater Christi.
Criteria for Enrolment
At the discretion of the Principal, the following criteria will be used to select those students for whom an offer of enrolment is made:
- Catholic students belonging to the Mater Christi Parish Community with a Parish Priest Reference.
- Catholic students outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students
- Siblings of non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other non-Catholic students.
- Enrolment must comply with government entry age requirements. The minimum age for enrolment of a child in kindergarten will be four years of age prior to 30 June of the enrolment year.
- Enrolments must comply with government immunisation requirements.
- The Principal may vary the above priorities to suit particular local circumstances prevailing at the time, after prior consultation with the Executive Director of Catholic Education and written confirmation of the outcome.
Parents on enrolment of their children in Mater Christi need to:
- Be supportive of a full Catholic Education for their child.
- Support the educational and spiritual programme of the school.
- Work cooperatively with and within the school.
- Pay school fees, expect in case of genuine hardship, where alternative arrangements may be made by appointment with the Principal. Associated with the fees are a Building Levy, P&F Levy, Amenities Levy and IT Levy. Levies and associated fees are non-refundable.
- Ensure their child attends school in correct and full school uniform.
Enrolment Procedure (compliance with Disability Standards in Education 2005):
- The Application for Enrolment Form should be free of disability details.
- If the parent is offered an interview, then a Student Information Form is to be given to the guardian/parents to complete and submitted with other supporting documentation at or prior to the interview.
- The Student Information Form detailing the child’s additional needs may be discussed at the interview.
- The identification of additional support needs will not affect the enrolment decision; however, a full discussion is encouraged to enhance the school’s ability to plan and support the child.